So I’ve been on holidays for the past five weeks and it’s been quite different to the past few years. This year came with some unexpected changes. When our roof collapsed we decided to wait it out for the landlord to fix the roof. But they never did. So for the first three weeks of my holidays I’ve been looking online for houses and then going out to view them. I even knocked back a get together with some friends to go to a viewing as I was just so stressed and just needed to find one soon.
I should have gone to the get together.
It would have given me some ‘fun’ time in my holiday. Despite all of that we managed to find our dream home. I’m writing this post from the back deck of this Queenslander. It’s raining and once again I’ve had to surrender. I wanted to spend the holidays sprucing up the blog, fixing up my newsletter and writing my e-book. I wanted to go on adventures and read books purely for fun. But instead the internet wasn’t connected at our house and because I’m behind the times my plan on my phone doesn’t really cater for long periods of time hanging out on the net.
So I’ve had to have a sabbatical from the internet somewhat. (The exception being short bursts on the phone and attempts to access internet from MacDonalds. I spent an hour at Macdonalds trying to login and had to drink what I thought was a chai latte which was indeed a chai ‘latte.’ The girl put freakin’ coffee in my chai tea). I know ‘first world’ problems right.
So despite these little hiccups I have still managed to have a good holiday. I’ve managed to fit some self care in and have a facial with the lovely Natalie Sellars from Kindred Toxin Free at Bulima, I’ve hosted a few get togethers on my deck and I’ve started to re watch “Desperate Housewives” to just have fun.
So with that I present to you my guiding word for 2015: “EMBRACE.” Last year my word was “NOURISH” and nourish I did. I continued seeing a Naturopath and Acupuncturist, got my periods regularly for the first time EVER and managed to fall pregnant after trying for two years. I nourished my spirit and mind by completing a few short courses, one being at the ‘Beautiful You Life Coaching Academy’ and I have had a blast coaching clients ever since.
So this year comes with having to ‘EMBRACE’ a few new things into my life:
- I am going to EMBRACE my first child into this world.
- I am going to EMBRACE the transition from full time teaching to being a full time mum.
- I am going to EMBRACE a new set of financial changes. Maternity leave is afforded to me however, it will run out and when it does I will have to adjust and trust that all my needs will be provided for.
- I am going to EMBRACE that someone is going to be a caretaker for my teaching position. That we both individually are talented and that I have a teachable spirit and therefore there is a place for both of us at my school.
- I am going to have to EMBRACE some sleep deprivation and will have to learn how to be gentle with myself and my husband.
- I am going to EMBRACE the new changes in my body BUT will still nourish and support it because it’s the temple God has given me to serve Him and others. However, doesn’t mean I need to sacrifice on taste.
- I am going to EMBRACE my creativity this year. I’m going to create more this year. How this looks I am not sure yet.
- I am going to EMBRACE that I am not perfect, that I can come before God in my imperfection and be real.
You get the point. What’s your guiding word for 2015? What desires do you have for this year? Do you want to CREATE, DREAM or BE STILL? Whatever your guiding word is make steps to reach for them!
What’s one thing you can do today to ‘create’ for example? Today I have to embrace that the internet is not working. That my intentions to go ground myself down at the park and use their free wifi is just not going to happen. So today I embrace sitting on the back deck with the rain pouring down with a cold glass of water flushing out the glucose from my Gestational Diabetes test.
And I surrender into the last week of my holidays. I’d love to know what your guiding word is for this year. Please write in the comments below and let’s get a conversation started. If you liked the post, please share using the buttons below.
*Thank you to my new local cafe Stella Rossa at Graceville for providing good service and reliable free wifi. As a result, I was able to get this post out to you all.