Anxiety is sending you a message.
In its weird and annoying way anxiety actually loves you (hello, it’s protecting you), but its feeling more like a Hollywood diva barking out a to-do list 10 storeys tall. (And the thought of climbing it is just tiring right?) The more you ignore it, the more the demands get louder. First she tells you you’re crazy or irrational. Then she makes you want to crawl back into bed with the blanket pulled up over your eyes, the warmth providing you a feeling of momentary safety. Cause no one can see you there. You can avoid anxiety if you just lay back and sleep it away. That’s IF, you can even sleep.
And here’s the thing.
This diva of anxiety takes, takes, takes Alll the time.
Perhaps you can even see yourself in these strategies here:
- Anxiety and you are best friends. Not the cool kind of bestie who brings you coffee and cake. She’s clingy and needy. You want to acknowledge her existence though, she’s there for a reason…but you’re not sure what it is and how to help her.
- You feel like you’re crazy. No one understands you.
- You want to be able to communicate your wants and needs clearly but you’ve got brain fog thanks to your anxiety.
- You have meltdowns when your schedule has been upset, when people are late (or you’re late), you’re put on the spot, get stuck in traffic, or when you’re given too much information at once. (Like this sentence).
- You can’t switch off your mind. It’s going ALL DAY LONG.
- You fill your day with ‘stuff’ because then you won’t have to process how you’re actually feeling.
What if someone could guide you to have clarity and calmness, all while helping you to feel safely held and understood even in the midst of your anxiety? (Think: You’ll learn how to soothe the diva that is anxiety. Woo hoo! Even Mariah Carey will be proud).
Working with me will allow you to:
- Learn your anxiety/depression triggers. You’ll learn what sets it off and how you can manage it.
- Identify and set clear boundaries. When you know how to do this you’ll quit people pleasing, have more time to work on the things that you love and create pockets of rest. Cause it’s in the stillness that you can hear the diva that is anxiety clearly and respond with self-compassion.
- Resolve the emotions that may be negatively impacting your behaviours and habits. When you get to the root cause of anxiety and understand why it was a problem for you, you can actually experience freedom from anxiety.
- Get out and socialise with grace and ease. There isn’t that pit in your stomach and you’re not overthinking about the conversations you’ll have.
- Learn how to relinquish control and sit uncomfortably (and be ok with that), when things seemingly feel out of control. It’s understandable that if you’ve lived through unsupportive or unpredictable life experiences, you’ll want to try and predict so that you can protect yourself from the perceived threat of danger. This process will help you learn about what you actually want in life and what you value so your anxiety doesn’t cloud your judgement and you can say ‘yes’ more to life.
- Establish nourishing routines and rituals. Anxiety puts your body into flight or fight response (aaah I’m being attacked by a lion) so learning how to establish nourishing routines and rituals puts your body back into a state of rest and digest. This increases your feelings of safety and provides you with a more restful state of mind which means you can focus more clearly on what needs to happen in your day. No more muddled sentences!
This coaching series is not for you if:
- You are in the middle of significant trauma or mental health concerns. These significant health concerns include: an increase in feeling sad, hopeless and helpless, intrusive thoughts, changes in appetite, have increased irritability or outbursts of anger, impulsive and risk taking behaviours, thoughts of death/suicide/self harm. Please speak to a doctor/mental health professional.
- You are not ready to move forward in action. You have the desire to talk more about the past and how to heal elements from it.
- You’re not committed to paying your sessions on time or fulfilling the series when it gets tough. This is a financial investment that when honoured will make you feel better than those fresh hot donuts covered in cinnamon sugar from Donut King…mmm
Beauty from the Ashes Coaching is here for you if your anxiety is acting like a bad movie on repeat, causing you to constantly seek and strive to feel worthy. This is for you if you feel constantly unsatisfied and that no matter what you do is never enough. Yet, you have this niggling feeling that you were made for more.
Let me introduce myself
Hi, I’m Diana. I’m a Certified Beautiful You Life Coach and a Mind Detox Method Practitioner. I know what it feels like to be in a place of darkness – to not know yourself and where your inner light went. I know what depression, sadness and a deep sense of loss feels like, and I know how to move forward from it once you come out the other side. I am not a counsellor – that’s not what coaching is about. I am here for you when you are ready to move forward again, pick yourself up and start to tentatively move back into life again. I know how to guide you to start to love who you are, bless the dark times you’ve been through, and plan again. I am all about the forward motion, and the deep acceptance of who you really are after all you’ve been through.
Anxiety sucks but there is a better way
I should know. You see I’ve experienced significant trauma. In 2001, at the age of 19, I married a young man from church with significant mental health challenges. Things were great for about 2 years but his mood increasingly change. He was no longer the man I married. In fact, he was unrecognisable. He went missing. Wrote a note saying he was never coming back and not to look for him. Police were involved. This caused me to spiral into anxiety and depression. I even developed Post Traumatic Stress. When I remarried years later my new husband and I struggled with infertility. I’ve been there. The loathing of self, the sleepless nights and constant working so I could cover up my pain.
Those strategies didn’t work.
I get it. You want more than just affirmations that you repeat to yourself prior to that event or café date cause frankly, you’ve tried them. You still feel as if your hands + feet are sweating like you’ve been at Bikram Yoga and your heart is skipping as fast as a Crossfitter doing double unders. (And you feel a little clumsy too don’t you?) You need something that actually helps you to feel those affirmations of value and worth. Ways to awaken the fiery spirit you already have inside of you but have dulled down over the years.
I’m here to let you know that although you are experiencing anxiety, you are not the label of anxiety.
You were made for MORE
16 years later, I’m here and I’m flourishing. Over those years of getting support I:
- Finished my Teaching Degree (even though it took me 10 years).
- Started a Social Justice club at school and inspired high school students to help others.
- Became a Certified Life Coach and was a finalist for the Beautiful You Shine Award in 2017 for having a heart centred business.
- Became a Mind Detox Method Practioner (a method created by Sandy Newbigging) and as a result let go of the hurt of my missing ex in one life changing Mind Detox session.
- Have featured in Huffington Post, Fernwood Magazine, The Introvert Effect, Inspired Coach, and the Naomi Arnold website.
- Became a guest teacher for Amanda Rootsey’s Shine From Within Youth Mentoring Course.
- I’ve run a workshop on ‘You are more than just a mum.’
- I thrive despite still having anxious moments. It’s very rare that anxiety has me completely knotted up inside.
- I started to speak up for myself and quit handing over my power.
- I developed this coaching practice and in the 3 years I’ve been running have coached over 50 women (which is pretty epic considering I’ve also been full time teaching for those first 2 years and had a baby).
Are you ready to find clarity and calmness in the midst of your anxiety?
BEAUTY FROM THE ASHES COACHING PACKAGES
* Please note that currently the ‘BOOK NOW’ button will take you to my email address: firstname.lastname@example.org as I am still setting up my scheduling app. Please email me your interest, followed by dates and times that suit you and I will check my calendar and get back to you as soon as possible.