After getting a little sick of having green smoothies for breakfast I decided that a warm breakfast was needed to toast up my cold tootsies one morning this week. Turns out a lot of you loved what you saw on Instagram and on Facebook so I’ve decided to post it here.
I’m not sure where the initial recipe came from but I think I may have received it as a part of my old subscription with Paleo Plan. (So don’t start writing mean things on my wall that I stole it. I’m pretty sure it’s a Paleo Plan one but it’s been cut out and put into my recipe folder).
No Oat “Oatmeal”
- 1/4 cup walnuts (really any nuts will work, though)
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 2 Tbs ground flax seed
- 1/2–1 tsp ground cinnamon
- dash of freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbs almond butter
- 1 banana, mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (add more if desired)
- 2 tsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 handful of fresh berries (optional)
- Add walnuts, pecans, flax seed and spices to a food processor and pulse mixture to a coarse grain (make sure to stop before it is ground into a powder). Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs and almond milk until the consistency thickens and becomes a loose custard.
- Thoroughly blend the mashed banana and almond butter together and add it to the custard, mixing well.
- Stir in the course nut mixture.
- In a medium saucepan, warm the mixture on the stove until the “no-oatmeal” reaches the desired consistency and the whisked eggs look firm as though cooked; this should only take about 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds and berries on top. Add more almond milk if desired.
I personally threw everything into my Thermomix and crunched all the dry ingredients up for a few seconds, making sure I left enough ‘crunch’ and then added the wet ingredients. Then I let it go for 7 mins on 70 degrees on reverse. Nom Nom!
Have a great weekend everyone and if you liked this recipe please feel free to share.