Well what a busy week it has been. It has been full of reporting, planning, studying and meetings.
Today’s recipe is from the website Amazing Paleo.
I love this recipe because not only does it taste amazeballs but it includes raspberries.
As most of you know by now I have MTHFR which means I need the activated form of folate (NOT FOLIC ACID). Folate naturally can be found in raspberries so I’ve been eating them by the punnet!
Another great way is to eat them in the form of these amazing raw chocolate and raspberry bars. You will not be disappointed.
First of all I had to make my own almond butter as I ran out. Easy enough done in my Thermomix.
The recipe I used was from a magazine (not sure which one…sorry….it has been cut out and put in my folder).
Here is the recipe:
RAW ALMOND BUTTER
2 cups raw almonds
1 tbs honey or light agave nectar
2 tsp olive oil (I used macadamia for a nuttier flour. Also I added an extra 20g as it wasn’t spreadable until I did that).
1/2 tsp sea salt (optional).
I put all of the ingredients into the Thermomix on: Speed 9 for 1 and 1/2 mins. Then I added 20 grams extra of macadamia oil as it was still a bit dry. I then continued to blitz it on speed 9 for a further 30 secs. This makes about 500g of nut butter! Crazy huh?
Without a Thermomix: pour nuts and sea salt into a blender or food processor and crush the nuts at the highest setting. As the nuts begin to form a ball gradually add the oil and scrape down the sides of the blender or food processor. Continue blending until smooth.
Raw Chocolate and Raspberry Bars
Tools You’ll Need:
8”x8” baking dish
2 ripe bananas
¼ cup fresh raspberries
12 medjol dates
¾ cups unsweetened cocoa (divided)
½ cup almonds
½ cup walnuts
5 tablespoons almond butter
5 tablespoons RAW honey
- Place dates, almonds, walnuts and ½ cup cocoa powder in food processor.
- Process for about 3-4 minutes, until all ingredients have been blended well and they create sort of a smooth/sticky consistency.
- Place mixture in baking dish. Press on it until it has been evenly distributed and nicely packed at the bottom.
- Place bananas, raspberries, ¼ cup cocoa, almond butter and honey in food processor. Process until smooth.
- Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Place baking dish in freezer for 1 hour+.
- Cut into 9 small squares (3 lines vertically and 3 lines horizontally) and enjoy. No bake baby, yeah!
* Keep in freezer.
* Makes 9 bars.
* Nutritional Information (per bar): 294 calories; 13g fat; 48g carbohydrates; 5g protein.